Self-chiropractic is otherwise known as self-manipulation. It is typically done without the aid of a chiropractor or licensed doctor. While you might think that chiropractic care can only be achieved with a licensed chiropractor, self-adjustments can help ease the pain between appointments, although it goes without saying that one should always talk to a doctor before getting started. Depending on the time of injury from which you are suffering, self-chiropractic may not be your best course of action and could result in more pain. For that reason, please consider the risks before embarking on any new fitness or chiropractic plan.
In addition to speaking with a medical professional, if self-chiropractic is of interest to you, we highly recommend taking the time to learn proper self-chiropractic techniques for pain control. There are myriad videos that will show different types of self-manipulations that can be done, but for those looking for more in-depth information, we highly recommend investing in a self-chiropractic book or two. Some self-chiropractic books will teach you the art of manipulation, while others may teach you exercises that will help you feel better and stronger.
To help you get started on your path to feeling better, here are 10 of the best self-chiropractic books that are currently available.
TriggerPoint Foam Massage Ball for Deep-Tissue Massage, MB1 (2.6-inch)
- Layered construction provides direct, deep-tissue compression for fast relief of aches, pains, and muscle fatigue
- Ideal for targeting small muscles such as calves, piriformis, and pecs
- Encourages blood and oxygen flow to enhance overall movement, range of motion and performance
- Foam surface is easier to clean and more hygienic than cloth
- 2.6-inch, 1.2 ounce. One-year manufacturer's warranty
TriggerPoint's line of hand-made foam massage balls is specifically designed to replicate the feeling of a massage therapist's hands, so you can get relief from discomfort and tightness on your own. As part of the Deep Tissue Essentials product line, these massage balls use a patented, layered construction made up of different densities. This design works to break up adhesions and stimulate blood flow better than non-layered tools to ease joint and muscle pain more effectively, and restore movement more quickly. The unique EVA foam surface is very dense, yet still compresses to "grip" the tissue, encouraging blood and oxygen flow to keep muscles and fascia healthy. The MB1 (2.6-inch diameter) is ideal for isolated areas, providing targeted relief without pinching or irritating nerves The MBX (2.6 inch diameter) has an extra firm surface that offers a deeper level of massage for more intense relief. The MB5 (5-inch diameter) has a large surface area that provides the unique ability...
TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller with Free Online Instructional Videos, Original (13-inch), Black
2 used from $ 32.99
- Patented foam roller design offers a superior, multi-density exterior constructed over a rigid, hollow core
- Constructed from quality materials that won't break down or lose shape from repeated use
- Includes access to free online instructional video library on foam rolling best practices from the experts at TriggerPoint
- Trusted foam roller of physical and massage therapists, coaches, trainers and athletes provides muscle recovery, pain relief and improved flexibility
- Original GRID: Standard density, 13 x 5.5 inches, 500 pound weight limit; 1 year manufacturer's warranty
TriggerPoint GRID foam rollers feature a patented design that offers a superior, multi-density exterior constructed over a rigid, hollow core that withstands repeated use while maintaining shape and integrity. The proven durability of the GRID has helped make it a trusted tool of physical therapists, massage therapists, athletic trainers and professional athletes. The GRID can be used to roll through tight muscles, knots and kinks to reduce soreness and improve mobility. Regular use of the GRID can provide benefits such as recovery from (or preventing) injuries, decreased muscle and joint pain, increased circulation and flexibility, improved balance and mobility and preparing the body for peak performance. The distinctive, multi-dimensional surfaces of the GRID replicate the feeling of a massage therapist’s hands - wide and flat like the palm, long and tubular like the fingers, and small and firm like the finger tips. The textured surface of the GRID helps to maximize the flow of...
Trigger Point Performance Collection for Total Body Deep Tissue Self-Massage (6 Piece)
- Performance self massage kit designed for athletes to improve flexibility, range of motion and tissue strength while addressing muscle tightness
- Includes Quadballer, Footballer and Baller Block, two MB1 Massage Balls, TP2 Ball Sleeve, and access to instructions on the Trigger Point video portal
- Step-by-step online instructions guide you through easy-to-follow self massage techniques covering twelve areas of the body
- Education available for both web and mobile platforms allows you to manage your own therapeutic self-care at home, in the gym, or on the road
- Backed by a one year manufacturer's warranty
The TriggerPoint Performance Collection is a complete self-care program designed to empower athletes to improve flexibility, range of motion and tissue strength while addressing muscle tightness. TriggerPoint’s expert online education - available for both web and mobile platforms – allows users to manage their own therapeutic self-care at home, in the gym or on the road. Step-by-step instructions guide users through easy-to-follow self-massage techniques covering twelve areas of the body. The TriggerPoint Performance Collection includes a QuadBaller, FootBaller, Baller Block, two TP Massage Balls, a TP2 Ball Sleeve and a promo code to access to step-by-step instructions through the TriggerPoint video portal. Backed by a one year manufacturer's warranty.